Your body is always exposed to the various sources of toxins. You can get these toxins from the food you eat and from the surrounding environment. Examples of these toxins include the heavy metals such as mercury, lead, and cadmium. These metals are associated with serious health problems like autism and nervous disorders. This article is going to discuss the health benefits of metal detoxification and the various cleansing methods.
Toxicity is caused by the build-up of the toxic metals in the body leading to health problems. The human body can ingest the various minerals and vitamins, extract their beneficial elements and finally remove the waste. However, the body is unable to remove the heavy metals in the form of waste. Instead, they accumulate within your body. They then enter the blood stream where they are transported to the various tissues, and they end up accumulating to high levels. Their accumulation over long periods affects your health negatively.
Here are the adverse health effects caused by the heavy metals.
It leads to the following health issues:
- Cardiovascular problems-Heart attacks, risk of stroke, and aerial obstructions
- Nervous system disorders-They include tremors, personality
changes, loss of coordination and memory loss
- Digestive problems-Diarrhoea, ulcers, and nausea
- Kidney disease -This includes kidney failure
It is the leading cause of toxicity in the world. It mainly affects children affecting their growth. Lead toxicity leads to the following problems:
- Increases high blood pressure
- Reduces functionality of the kidney
- Disrupts metabolism of calcium causing severe problems in the growth of children
- Severe developmental disorders which include cognitive defects and low IQ levels
High doses of this metal can be fatal. It is known for causing severe health problems which include the following:
- Decreased lung functionality
- Kidney and liver failure
- It is carcinogenic
- Causes digestive and absorption problems by disrupting metabolism
It is not classified as a heavy metal though it has similar effects and characteristics as the heavy metals. Here are some of the health problems associated with arsenic:
- Causes heart disease
- Digestive problems line vomiting and diarrhea
- Skin lesions
- Cardiovascular problems
- Reduces the production of ATP
Heavy metal detoxification
This refers to the process by which the toxic metallic substances are removed from the body.
This can be done in different ways which include:
Chelation therapy and dialysis
One can undergo through the dialysis procedure or process. Some doctors also recommend chelation therapy, but the process can be dangerous. The conventional medicine highly recommends the two methods. Most of the people are never satisfied with the conventional treatments due to the various side effects associated with them.
This method has gained a lot of popularity as the alternative procedure for heavy metal detoxification. The method mainly involves eating a healthy diet and avoiding those foods considered as toxic. One can also take supplements such as diatomaceous earth to detoxify the body naturally of toxins.